GENERAL CONTESTING RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. Entry into this Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility. This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikepackingcontest.html and who are 21 as of the date of entry and permanent, legal U.S. residents who are physically residing in one (1) of the forty-eight (48) continental United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Jamis Bikes, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules. By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Jamis Bikes as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on November 21st 2017, 12:00AM E.T. and ending December 20th 2017, 11:59PM E.T. All online entries must be received by December 20th 2017, 11:59PM E.T.
4. How to Enter. The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikepackingcontest.html. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Jamis Bikes. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Jamis Bikes.
5. Prizes. The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive two Jamis Bikes Renegade Exile’s with an approximate retail value of $1,598. In addition the Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive bicycle and outdoor accessories from Blackburn Design, Gemini Lights, Osprey Packs, Club Ride Apparel and Bell Helmets. Approximate retail value of $2,422. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. Jamis Bikes shall solely determine the specifics of the prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Jamis Bikes’ discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Jamis Bikes to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification. Winner will be selected at random. The drawing will be conducted by Jamis Bikes, and the results of the drawing are final. Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone within five (5) business days following selection of Winner. Jamis Bikes shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT JAMIS BIKES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You. By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Jamis Bikes, anyone acting on behalf of Jamis Bikes, and Jamis Bikes’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Jamis Bikes. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Jamis Bikes from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Jamis Bikes may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions. Jamis Bikes reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Jamis Bikes’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Jamis Bikes may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Jamis Bikes. Jamis Bikes reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Jamis Bikes has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Jamis Bikes reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability. By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Jamis Bikes and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes. THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND NEW JERSEY WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Jersey having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List. To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, please e-mail email@example.com Requests must be received no later than December 31st 2017, 11:59PM ET.
14. Sponsor. The Sponsor of the Campaign is Jamis Bikes, 151 Ludlow Avenue, Northvale, NJ 07632. www.jamisbikes.com
15. Social Media. The Campaign hosted by Jamis Bikes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
© Jamis Bikes. All rights reserved.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
All bike and frame weights are based off pre-production painted frames. Weights may vary in final production.
Jamis is not responsible for typos or misprints.
Always ride safely and within limitations. Always obey all local traffic, safety and land access laws and always wear a helmet.
CPSC equipment is included with all new bicycles but not necessarily shown here. All action and lifestyle photography used by permission.